Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Okay then.

Advertisements

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Did you get any updates on this problem? Please get back in contact with, you are wiser then me there has to be something that will take care of this problem? I hope and pray..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm guessing Artellos may be researching and trying to duplicate your issue himself. That may take some time to do and to formulate a plan of action for you.

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Oh, okay, I just wanted to stay in contact with someone about this issue...and keep up to date with someone

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem as I monitor any topic I am assisting with and make sure what is going on. I will not leave you until we have figured it out one way or another. :)

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I do not want to be a bother but have you heard anything from him yet?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No I haven't but i will message another Tech Staff and ask them for help. I'm sorry this is taking so long.

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Its okay, no need to say your sorry....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just messaged Major Payne and asked if he could help. Please give him a little bit to read thru the thread and get with you.

Advertisements

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Okay, thank you so much again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok, Major Payne did look over the topic and this is what he sent to me to pass along. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. He agrees with everything I have tried with you and continues with the following.........

"The last bit depends on what material was being burned and if DRM is allowing it. DRM can really be tough to overcome with WMP.

I did have a WMP plug-in installed on Feb 15, 2009. I think that was an update sent, but it was an option so you had to view the update list and check the box. Whether that's relative to the problem is unsure. Might have him go to Windows' Update site and make sure that all have been updated including any updated software or other option updates listed for his computer he may not have gotten installed. What do you think?

The path to WMP for Vista is listed on my PC as: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" Definitely not in the list of Add/Remove programs. Just wonder if he could physically remove it from the directory? I would download the WMP first before uninstalling and have it ready. I would think, if it was a codec problem, he would have found the codec when it requested to do an Internet search for it. Again, DRM may be blocking a burn as it did with me until I got an okay to remove the DRM and convert the format from where I bought the music."

Also as a suggestion when you go to microsoft and do the updates please do the custom, let me know what it is suggesting as there may be something pertaining to WMP.

Edited by rshaffer61, 18 April 2009 - 02:48 PM.

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Well I have all the updates, but I will run the Update right now and see. I keep up to date as much as possible with Windows Update and nothing more has com through since they did updates this last Tuesday....

Ethan Bowen

Ethan Bowen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I checked the updates, and there are no updates available...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok then the problem is the DRm built into WMP 11 for Vista. I believe the only way around that is to download Media Player Classic from the site I gave you earlier with the audio codec or get Media Player 10
You can get the latter from Here or from Microsoft directly from Here