Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Critical Errors playing/patching WoW..

• Please log in to reply

Heartamingo

Heartamingo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

This is my first time posting here. The problem with my computer doesn't only relate to getting errors while playing WoW, but that's what I noticed started happening first so I figured I'd start there.

Just yesterday, after WoW was running fine for about...ever (I've never had a problem with it) I started getting the errors that say something like:

"This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:007B7267

The instruction at "0x007B7267" referenced memory at "0x0000009C".
The memory could not be "read".

WoWBuild: 7359".

I tried using the WoW Repair mechanic, deleted W TF, Cache, and Interface folder. None of those things worked, so I tried reinstalling and now, as I try to patch it, I've been getting:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\ Program files\ World o.....

This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact application's support team for more information.".

After that started happening (and I started looking around the internet for fixes to that problem) I noticed that other problems with my computer started building up too:

-While my computer says my internet connection is fine and strong, websites take forever to load and sometimes never load at all (on neither Firefox or IE).
-I get random system Win32 errors, mostly on the internet. And after I get that error, it seems that I can't bring up any new programs.
-I've noticed that when I get error messages and have to terminate a program, I can still see it running in the background on Task Manager, and have to manually terminate the process.
-My computer won't shutdown or restart, unless forced.
-It won't install updates for Windows, or Antivirus software (Avira AntiVir Personal).
-And of course, the two WoW errors previously mentioned.

I have run two complete scans with Avira and SUPERAntiSpyware, both coming up clean.
I thought maybe with the "memory could not be 'read'" error, that it maybe related to RAM, so I switched out 2gigs with my replacement 2gigs for my computer. It worked okay for about thirty minutes after that, then the errors came back. I should also mention that I tried playing Warhammer Online (which usually runs great on my computer) before and after changing out the RAM and it's been crashing to desktop every time now (which ironically, was an issue for me a while back before I upgraded my RAM).

So I'm at a loss. It wouldn't be SO bad (though still really bad) if it were just WoW that wasn't working anymore, but this seemingly random fall-apart of my computer suuuucks.

Help. :\
Oh, and here's my HijackThis log:

Advertisements

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
canceled

Edited by tyler kick you fase, 02 May 2009 - 05:41 PM.