Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Arabic looking writing download from fix for IE

• Please log in to reply

Paul John

Paul John

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Reference Hijacked Desktop and Millions of Pop-ups, "Security Warning - A Fatal Error in IE by Oski, helped by Trevuren.... first posted May 1, 2005.

Had exact same issue with "A fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01) + 00010E36. Error was caused by Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

I followed directions exactly by Trevuren and fixed Trojan problem with blue screen at startbup and lack of background buttons. However, the download from http://www.greyknigh...pairDesktop.reg is causing a greater problem. I now have arabic looking language popping up on certain parts of IE. Example:

Tools, Internet Options, the tabs appear as follows:
Tab 1 General (English)
Tab 2 Security (English)
Tab 3 (Arabic)
Tab 4 Content (English)
Tab 5 Connections (English)
Tab 6 (Arabic)
Tab 7 Advanced (English)

Under tabs 2 & 6 I can't read anything, buttons and script in Arabic.

When I try to download items from internet, the pop ups from IE to open, run, save, is all in arabic looking language and I don't what to do.

Attached is a PDF off the

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]

Attached Files

Advertisements