Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Still have sticky control key -- no one replied?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joe f

joe f

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry, but
I am repeating this, because no one has responded, and my only remaining choice will be to throw away this laptop. My Dell latitude d830 laptop suddenly started acting like all typed keys are preceded by the left control key. In all programs. Also this has Windows XP on it, with the latest updates fully installed
It is not a hardware problem because my USb plug in keyboard does the same thing. I also made sure that all the sticky key and filter key settings are not clicked in the accessibility settings on the control panel.

and I updated the Dell latitude bios from the Dell support website. I also ran two anti-virus packages too, seems clean.

It still is a sticky left control key??

What is up? Any ideas?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Do not make multiple topics for the same issue. You only posted your other topic today. Have some patience