Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio running 99 processes = slow

• Please log in to reply

Stanks

Stanks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

Recently, my Dell Inspiron E1505 perished in a rough death of an 8 foot fall.

For college, I purchased a Sony Vaio VGN NS240E. So far I am in love with it.

A little problem I have is I am running 99 Processes. I have used HijackThis little to no result from it.
I am comming from a computer that ran 24 processes at its peak to one that is 4x that. I can't play Counter Strike Source and I do meet all of the requirements to run and play it comfortably. My peak FPS was 15.

I am running Vista naturally and just want to get that extra boost. I was surprised to see the amount of crap that Sony puts on their computers. Its almost rediculous.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Matt

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

The easiest thing you can do is open your Control Panel from the start menu, click on Add/Remove Programs (if you don't see it you might have to click on "Classic View" on the left) and Remove anything in there you don't need that came bundled with your computer.

Also, check out WinPatrol - A program that can be used to manage your startup programs. You can use it to disable programs that start up with your computer, and it will warn you if there's ever a program that tries to add itself to the startup lists.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Try to optimize your computer. PC Optimization help you to improve it's performance.
To optimize the computer follow this Microsoft knowledge based article:
http://www.microsoft...e/optimize.mspx