Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless

• Please log in to reply

Larry B.

Larry B.

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I sold my business I took one of my work stations home. I am trying to set up a wireless network connection to my wireless router at home. I am receiving a good signal but when I try to access Internet explorer I get a message bottom left side of screen saying detecting proxy settings. Then after a few minutes I get the cannot display web page. I am using windows xp pro with sp2. I bought a USB dwa 130 wireless adapter. Hope some one can help. Thanks. Larry

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I have included a picture as an attachment for visual help. Feel free to view it.

Please go in to Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu>Internet options

On the connections tab, please click LAN Settings at the bottom of the window.

You will see something like this:

[ ] Automatically Detect Settings

^ Please make sure that box is unchecked. Then please click OK on both windows and restart your browser.

Can you load webpages?

Attached Thumbnails

• autodetectIEproxy.png

Larry B.

Larry B.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks I did that. Now I get a page that says server not found, when I try to connect to the internet.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Have you checked your router settings to make sure they have matched up to the adapter?