Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus?

• Please log in to reply

seeanuk1

seeanuk1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, new here, need a question answering if you dont mind.

A few days ago, my Trail of Norton IS 2009 ran out, and for a few days, the computer started to act strangely (pop ups etc) obviously due to the lack of protection. However, the next time i switched on the computer, a log in box appeared. I have never put a password or a username on the computer so have no ide how it got there. Also, it wasn't the usual log in where you choose the user from the list and enter a passwrod, it was an olderlooking log in, similar to that of windows 98/2000 etc.

Now, the first few times this happened, i was able to access the computer by simply pressing enter without inserting a password. However, after that working the first few times, whenever i do it now, it begins to load, with a box saying 'running start up scripts', but soon after that, it returns me back to the log in page, and this process keeps repeating.

So now i cant access the desktop or anything for that matter.

So then i tried connecting a different HDD i had, which also had Win XP installed, now that boots to desktop for around 5 seconds, before restarting over and over again.

I have tried booting in safe mode, however when i get to the list of options such as 'Safe Mode', 'Safe Mode With Networking' etc. the keyboard does not work, however the keyboard does work fine in the BIOS etc.

I know this seems like a big problem, but i would be extremely grateful for any suggestions guys.
Thanks.
'Seeanuk'

Advertisements

lp098

lp098

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Go to the Malware forum ;p im in training and this is an obvious fourm of malware, stop all banking online and credit card purchases etc... and the start up screen is trying to capture a pass word. The people on the malware fourm will fix you up well, if you still have problems after you have been cleared by Malware staff please come back here.

David