Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply

djmg1017

djmg1017

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is what I sent to HP ---Any Ideas --this is my daughters Laptop & I'm stumped ?

Should have also mentioned using windows vista not XP

Problem Description:

won't boot. (performed Hard reset & reseated ram ).Was only able to boot using linux cd - windows partition of harddrive not mountable.HP recovery partion accessible but would not run using F11 at startup. Reset Bios to Defaults. thought because I could acces HP partition of Harddrive only that it must be problem

Please provide previous troubleshooting steps, or information that can help HP assist you.:

replaced Harddrive. Purchased recovery cd's - Installed software - after fully loaded & at the end system rebooted - showed loading windows files at bottom of screen - then cursor at top left corner then nothing. tried hard reset, reseating ram. Now the recovery disk will no longer fully load it shows bar going across that windows files are loading then goes to cursor on left upper corner - then cd stops & screen is blank .

Has anything changed since the unit functioned properly (installation of SW, settings, cabling, etc.):

No other than replacing harddrive to attempt repair

Edited by djmg1017, 24 April 2009 - 08:01 AM.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Boot.ini corruption.

Worth reading, IMO.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Do you have Windows Operating System Disk?
Check it out this:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html