Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It can not laod OS after BIOS testing

• Please log in to reply

Simon.jia

Simon.jia

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a IPC System. It makes up a motherboard and a carrierboard. The motherboard is a finished product. There are some peripheral equipments like UART、PS2、USB and so on with a SuperIO on the carrierboard. The problem is that the carrierboard's BIOS testing is right, after this step, I think it should load the OS from MBR to RAM. But the system crashed no matter what the disk is connected.
There are some informations may be useful.
1) I'm sure the hard disk is OK. It can boot in another PC.
2) The carrierboard's BIOS program is OK. It was verified in another carrierboard.
3) The PS2 can work correct, So I think the SuperIO should work right.
4) If I used the motherboard's BIOS, the PC crashed when it testing the hard disk. I think it is not a problem because another board which work correct with carrierboard's BIOS has the same phenomenon.
5) I disabled the most of peripheral equipments on the BIOS, such as the USB/UART/PS2/PCI and so on. The problem is still exist.
6) I removed the most of peripheral equipments. When there is only the BIOS and the SuperIO, and I removed all the peripheral elements of the SuperIO besides the LPC bus. and the problem is still exist.
7) When I used the motherboard's BIOS and didn't connect a disk at IDE bus. It can prompt:The System is not found.
I want to konw whether there are some thing to do at the period of BIOS testing and loading the OS. Or anyone can give me some suggestion.

Advertisements

Simon.jia

Simon.jia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
UP UP UP

Simon.jia

Simon.jia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts