Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Computer Performance- Online Streaming

• Please log in to reply

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Thanks Broni :)

Yeah, I feel speed has got better :)

So what would be your suggestion that how many times a week/month shall I do defreg using Auslogics?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
When you'll get that extra RAM, you'll see the difference.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you Broni. I'm sorry for the long response as I was out working with neighbors.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Thanks Broni :)

Yeah, I feel speed has got better :)

So what would be your suggestion that how many times a week/month shall I do defreg using Auslogics?

I defrag twice a week no matter what. this way my system is always straight. This will make it easier to find a problem if it should occur. I always tell people to defrag at least once a week or if you are adding or deleting files alot, restarting or turning on your system allot you may want to go with the twice a week suggestion.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
All right

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.

If there are anyother good programs, kindly let me know :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What kind of programs would you like to know about?

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Any good programs which maintain the computer well. Just like you told me about the defragment one.

I've just got another query:

My firefox has suddenly started working slow !... taking too much time to open websites :)

Has it got something to do with the settings I changed for firefox recently, following a suggestion mentioned in the forum?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It shouldn't be a problem with what we did earlier. The first three below are in my signature below.

I use Avast for my AV
Superantispyware for spyware
Malwarebytes for malware
Allot of the GTG Techs recommend using Comodo Firewall if you don''t like Windows firewall program.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I'm using AVG for anti-virus, how is that?

I have Malwarebytes for malware, so if I install Superanti Spyware, won't it be a duplication?

I just need help again

Earlier while looking up geekstogo forum, I came across this topic to speed up firefox
http://www.geekstogo...er-t177375.html

I did as they told us there but NOW, my firefox has gone realllllllllllllllllllllllllll slow :) Taking [bleep] lot of time to open webpages, even sometimes pages don't open. Plus, my yahoo isn't signing in either.

Can you please tell me how to undo the settings described there?

Thanks a lot !

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Superantispyware is for spyware
AVG is anti virus
malwarebytes is for malware

Each is for a specific task so no conflict involved. As for Firefox please redo the steps in the tutorial and make sure everything is set as it says. If they are then you may be having another issue. I did the same tweaks and my Firefox did speed up. Double check the suggested numbers you used to make sure they are within the parameters stated. Let me know what you discover.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Yea, the figures are right. Last night I scanned laptop with super antispyware and found some inections.

Firefox is better now but still not fast as it used to be after i freshly format my laptop. Moreover, when I open youtube or other online streaming websites, computer gets slow and the videos don't even stream fast.

However google video always works perfect and fast !

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What kind of infections? Any names?

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Can't remember, sorry.

There was some Trojan.. and maybe the cookies it detected as "yieldmanager" :)

Now there are stange problems happening. My yahoo wasn't signing in.. and now.. whenever I open Winamp player, I get an error message.. I'm attaching the image so that you may see..... what is happening? :)

Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It appears you may have a malware problem.
Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT Forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, and if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here