windows recycle bin keeps hanging up
Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:55 PM
Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:40 PM
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- installed security programs (antivirus, firewall)
*** Download, install, and run Whats Running.
Click on Take snapshot in the left pane.
New pop-up window will open.
Click on Save snapshot, and save the file as snap (.xml extension will be added automatically) to know location.
Zip the file, and attach it to your next reply.
Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:59 AM
Ram: 2.0 GB
32 bit operating system
My antivirus is avast and i believe im using windows defender/firewall
I Also run Spyware Guard and malwarebytes anti malware
58.7GB free of 141GB
I hope this is enough information Thanks for the help!
Edited by dean burtenshaw, 26 April 2009 - 06:24 AM.
Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:52 AM
Go Start>Control Panel>Add\Remove ("Programs and Features" in Vista), and uninstall Sky Anytime (if present).
Download, and run KClean.exe: http://static.sky.co...lean/KClean.exe to remove Kontiki from your computer.
NOTE: Kontiki is know resource hog.
2. Windows Indexing Service is killing your CPU cycles at 100% usage.
Turn it off:
1. Click on Start button, then select Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools, and double click on Services applet. Alternatively, simply type “services.msc” (without quotes) in Start Search box, and hit Enter.
2. If User Account Control asks for permission, click Continue.
3. Locate an service named Windows Search. Right click on Windows Search, and then select Properties on contextual menu.
4. Click on Stop button to stop the indexing service immediately.
5. On the Startup Type dropdown box, select Disabled.
6. Click on OK button.
3. Open What's running, click on Startup tab, and uncheck following items:
Restart computer, and let me know, if it's better.
Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:25 AM
my system is running much better and i can now rename files and delete my doubled up mp3
You Guys are the mutts nutts!!!
once again THANK YOU!
its easy when you know how!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users