Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Installed on 2 Hard drives, need help removing!

• Please log in to reply

hawklord

hawklord

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
you have to be sure before you do any deleting,

if you are 100% sure that you are in the correct drive and it boots ok without the other drive connected,
then all you need to do is go to disk management and format the 'spare' drive

all the tools you need are already in windows to do this

or you can delete the partition on the 'spare' and create new partitions - you can have a maximum of 4 logical partitions OR 3 logical partitions + an extended partition with 3 partitions (basically 6 usable partitions),
keeps all your stuff in order :) - but that, maybe, is for another day

but - if you are not confidant enough then someone will walk you through the process, just ask

Advertisements

sam.hutchinson07

sam.hutchinson07

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
To be fair im not sure if it will boot corectly, thats why i installed it on there in the first place. I might actually just leave it if it not doing any harm now and I can automatically boot into my primary hard drive. Its not taking up a vast amout of space.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Sam

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your booting to your C drive...move your documents folder to the D drive...and any other video or music files as well...
C is 80 % full and you need at least 15 % free to defrag...D is only 6% full...