Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FALSE DRIVE WITH QUESTION MARK

• Please log in to reply

nabeans

nabeans

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys! i wanna know what you make of this attachment. It came up some weeks back and av been unable to delete it from my system. When I put in my Lightwave Flash drive, it is no longer recognized as a removable storage device under 'My Computer'. Even when I have no Flash drive attached to the computer opening 'My Computer' always shows the two false devices F & G. The only way I can access the contents of my Lightwave flash drive is if I open MS Word or Adobe depending on the format of the document I want to view from the flash. When I try to open the false Drive I am instructed to insert a CD in the drive. Its all perplexing! What do you guys figure it to be. It does not seem to affect my use of my computer in any way though. I use Avast free Anti-Virus, and am also unable to scan the false drive and device, it just sends me an error message 'Scan completed with error-'the system cannot find the path specified'.

Attached Thumbnails

• 250420091249_small.jpg

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Does the drive work fine on another computer?
If it does. then right click the drive and choose format.
Then start the process. THIS WILL ERASE ALL FILES ON THE DRIVE. Make sure you have a backup of all files you need before proceeding.