Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updated drivers made computer screen all messed up

• Please log in to reply

Tissue

Tissue

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Today my dad updated every driver on our computer and now the resolution and bit color is stuck at 640 by 480 and 4 bit. Its not even a choice in the list. lowest is 800 by 600 and 16 bit but went ever you click apply this is the setting that it is put at. Its very odd. I have tried restoring to earlier date, using last known good configure, updating driver, rollback driver and looking at the trouble shoot pages but none work. And now when you start up the computer it try's to log onto dial up, even tho we have dsl. How can i find out what driver i had before? that worked. Please I need an immediate response. And it doesn't let me open any programs really because bit color and res is to low. All i can open is firefox and contol panel, my comp, any folder really. Thx so much.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello welcome to GeeksToGo, We will be happy to help you.

We will need some more information

If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:

The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots

In Addition please supply:

Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started.
Any hardware installed\updated prior to problem starting.

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

Tissue

Tissue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Nvm i fixed it. I installed an older version of our video card driver. For some reason it wont let us install any thing hire

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible