Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

data card not working

• Please log in to reply

pradeepdeep

pradeepdeep

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased Compaq Presario CQ40 Notebook / laptop and installed both XP + Vista operating systems. I purchased Idea Net Setter data card. XP is unable to detect the same, while the Vista is detecting and operating very well. OS has been formatted twice, but, my problem was not solved. But, this data card is working well in other systems with XP OS both in laptops and desktops. I could not find out the reason for failure. A number of engineers tried to solve the problems, but showed their unability. I further humbly request that would you please give me the solution for this problem without asking me to format again. I shall ever be grateful to your, Honour, Sir,.

System Information: OS Name:-Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate ; Version:-6.0.6000 Build 6000 Other OS Description:- XP System Manufacturer:-Hewlett-Packard:- System Model Compaq Presario CQ40 Notebook PC System Type X86-based PC Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.12, 8/26/2008 SMBIOS Version 2.4 Total Physical Memory 3,034.35 MB Available Physical Memory 1.77 GB Total Virtual Memory 6.12GB Available Virtual Memory 5.13 GB Page File Space:-3.26 GB

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you, if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look and get this problem taken care of.

Just so you know I had your contact information edited

We can't allow that type of information on our site.

All replies to help you get fixed need to stay in the forum to help others with similar problems.

Have you installed the drivers for this usb device to the computer in question?

does the usb port work properly?(try another device in the same port, does it work?)

If none of this works try this:

Press the windows key and pause break(like when you perform CTRL-ALT-DEL)

Click on hardware and then Device manager

Scroll down to network connections (with the device in the usb port)

Is there a question mark or exclamation point on this device?

If there is uninstall the device and then reinstall

I hope this helps good luck

Reply back with any information

Cbarnard

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved. If the problem resurfaces again please reference this thread in the new thread you start.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard