Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registered JIT debugger is not available

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start>>Run>>>type in Chkdsk /f
click enter...it will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixs the problem

Go to
Start>>Run>>>type in Chkdsk /r
click enter...it will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f
Note... there are 5 stages...it may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS... this can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem. if this doesn't work we will have to run a System File Checker.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IF the above doesn't work I would like to do the following:

Lets see what you have in your startup services area

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 April 2009 - 04:51 PM.

charmin

charmin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok, I did the chkdsk and it has re booted again, but is still comes up with the FATAL EXECUTION ENGINE ERROR 0x7927f26e. what the heck is that? It has come up several times before and then when I clicked off that, it still had the JIT debugger not available. I have found an older version of his Spysweeper and that has loaded on here ok. Can you help with the other problem? Sorry to have so many things going on at the same time! his pages seem to be loading a little quicker. hope that cleared that up!
Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I take it you ran the first chkdsk and now you are going to run the second chkdsk /r now?

charmin

charmin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I need to run both of them?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes please as they will do different operations. The second one will take longer and may appear to stall. Let it go as it does 2 extra operations.

charmin

charmin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok did both and the Fatal Exception Engine Error still came up, but it has done that long before all this. Will that make any difference? the JIT debugger wasn't there he said..... He says that it was faster....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great News!!!!! :)
Now we can go on and try to find the next issue. Now follow the steps in post 17 and lets see if we can run the Fatal Error down.
Let me know if it stops during the steps

charmin

charmin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok, I did the steps in #17 again. My husband didn't check close enough. There is still the Fatal Exception Engine Error and then underneath that, was the common law debugger not available... I thought it was gone from what he said, but he wasn't paying attention so the 2nd time that I did the # 17 scans. I checked it myself and they were still there.... So are you about to give up on my problem yet??? :>)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Give up? Not me and I can always call in for assistance if needed :)
Now let's move on to a little more powerful scanning tool. For this you will need your Win XP cd and to follow the next steps in order.

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD.
If sfc won't find any errors in Windows XP, it'll simply quit, without any message.
In Vista you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

For Vista users ONLY: Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You'll see CBS.log file.
Usually, it's pretty big file, so upload it here: http://www.flyupload.com/, and post download link.

If you don't have Windows CD....
(this applies mostly to Windows XP, since Vista rarely requires use of its DVD while running "sfc")
Note This method will not necessarily work as well, as when using Windows CD, because not always ALL system files are backed up on your hard drive. Also, backed up files may be corrupted as well.

Go Start>Run, type in:
regedit
Click OK.

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see various entries (Values) on the right hand side.

The one we want is called: SourcePath

It probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive,(usually D:) and that is why it is asking for the XP CD. All we need to do is change it to: C:
Now, double click the SourcePatch setting and a new box will pop up.
Change the drive letter from your CD drive to your root drive, usually C:
Close Registry Editor.

Now restart your computer and try sfc /scannow again!

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Advertisements

charmin

charmin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I will have to try this in a little while. have to get ready for work. will let you know what happens! thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem and thank you for letting me know :)