Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP not working

• Please log in to reply

dokkdurssulet

dokkdurssulet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have 2 partiotions.Formated the C: and kept the D: intact.Reinstalled windows on C:

Problem solved.Thanks you all for your help. Regards

Advertisements

dokkdurssulet

dokkdurssulet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I remeberd i have another question:
Don't really know in what order to install the drivers on the new installed OS so if you can provide me with a link to a related topic or just tell me
the order it whould be great
Here is the link to the drives tha i need to install http://h20000.www2.h...p;swEnvOID=1093

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Chipset
Video
Sound
Lan or Network if needed
Misc from here on

I want to thank Edge2022 and Wannabe1 for their assistance. Also would like to say: You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed Wannabe1, Edge2022 and myself the opportunity to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Thank you shaffer and wannabe for responding to this thread.
Good to see that your problem is resolved! :)

Although I would have liked to seen if this could be resolved without a format and reinstall. This is usually the last troubleshooting step, if any others don't work.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
edge2022, when you've seen this problem as many times as some of us have, you'll come to realize that a few of us actually know what we are talking about. We don't have to rely on the first few google results to know what the problem is and what it's going to take to resolve it. I've seen the mup.sys hang hundreds of times and have yet to see it resolved successfully without a format/reinstall.

I suggest you trust the experience represented by the staff here...they are some of the best I've seen in all my years of working on computers and they've earned their position here...and they've earned my respect. While we do use the search resources available to us, many of us have years of practical experience to back up what we suggest.