Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fan Control

• Please log in to reply

munleyj

munleyj

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I am looking for software to control my fan. Is there such a program? Looking for an easy to use program to set temperature and fan speed.

Advertisements

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I would think if there is such a software to control fan speed through software rather than physically from your computer, it would be provided by the manufacturer of your motherboard. If I am mistaken, however, and there is a generic application that does this, I would be very interested in that.

munleyj

munleyj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I have an emachine T3508 I need to now the temperature settings of the CPU, HD0, Ambient and the remote. I do know this. Its A Intel (Grant County) RC410 Motherboard.

ZedU54

ZedU54

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
...there is a program called SpeedFan that might be of some help...try Googling it (I'm not sure where to find it)...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Speedfan (The download link is in the first line of the second paragraph), and install it.

munleyj

munleyj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
How do you configure it? There are no help files.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.

Posted Image

This shows the the performance of your fans, temp, voltage. I'm not sure this is what you want. I don't know of any software that will do what you are asking.

Edited by rshaffer61, 28 April 2009 - 08:31 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
SpeedFan works great if you want to change your fan speed.

I think you could also change some of those settings through your BIOS. Look through your motherboard manual to see if your mobo supports it.

EDIT: By the way, you can't set a temperature. You either have to speed up the fan to make your temps cooler, or buy additional cooling components.

Edited by edge2022, 28 April 2009 - 08:50 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you give me the make and model of your mobo, I can see if your fan speeds can be changed by tweaking with your BIOS settings.

munleyj

munleyj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Intel (Grant County) RC410 Motherboard

emachine t3508

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I can't find a manual for your mobo. I suggest you look through your computer manual and see if you can alter the fan speed through the BIOS. Also try going to your BIOS setup, and figure out if there is any control allowing you to change the speed of your fan.

Don't bring the speed down too low, or your system could overheat.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and at the bottom of the page is the contact info for Emachines. You can also talk live chat with a Tech support person from this page. They should be able to answer if the bios will support fan speed adjustments.