Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

publisher 2003

• Please log in to reply

flyingv

flyingv

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,
i'm new to the forum and am having a hard time getting my new website up. i have built it using publisher 2003 and when i upload the - index_archivos - (yep, i'm doing this in Spanish) folder to the remote server, nothing shows up on the net. not sure what i should do, this is the first time using publisher and am very inexperienced with website building. can anyone give me a suggestion as to how to get my website up and running?
thanks!

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Hi

The main page should be index.html

Try saving the page as index.html then uploading.

flyingv

flyingv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, thank you for the tip, i also did some troubleshooting on my own and figured out what was going on:

in publisher you can make the program automatically generate an index folder with all the html and image files. when i told the program to not automatically make the folder, it gave me all the files loose. when i uploaded all the loose files to the server, it worked!! the program names the files differently depending on wether or not they are put into the folder automatically. the names for the loose files put everything in the right order for the server!!

thanks for being wiling to help out a novice!!

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Not sure I really helped!

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Well done.