Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

**URGENT** lsass.exe error

• Please log in to reply

kevoh1234

kevoh1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, my name is Kevin I am new to your forums. I registered because of the sheer fact that most of you are very intelligent and have proven the ability to fix other persons CPU problems.

So without further adue, I have encountered a problem in which I am completely boggled with.

Before I even thought about posting anything, I did my fair share of browsing the net / and these forums to find a solution. Not having luck, other issues are different from mine.

Ok so here is the breakdown:

Error: lsass.exe termination; full description - "lsass.exe termination, application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

When: After booting windows

Whats Happening: Error pops up after windows begins to load, unable to view desktop, just a blank screen. Error pops up once, if I click "OK" it will pop up again, clicking "OK" a second time brings me to a complete stop. No harddrive loading, its basically deadspace sitting at a blank screen.

**Computer was fine last night, no clue what happend, haven't had any errors. Need my files, VERY IMPORTANT - music producer and CANNOT lose project files. If all else fails, I just need a way to get everything off of that HD. Thank you everyone in advance for your help. I will check back later this evening and again tomorrow.

Advertisements

kevoh1234

kevoh1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Additional Information:

I have tried booting in SafeMode. No dice.

I cannot find my Windows Disk. Epic Fail.

Whoever can help me fix this, I will cyber you to the moon and back.

TYIA!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
I suggest you get all your important files backed up before we try to fix the problem. Click on "Backup Files Without Windows" in my sig, and follow the instructions to create a backup of your files. I also suggest storing them on a CD, or external hard drive.

Can you boot into safe mode?

kevoh1234

kevoh1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeah I can get into Safemode but it does nothing. Just shows Safemode in the 4 Sectors of the Screen and refuses to do anything else. CTRL ALT DLT doesnt even work.

I am going to need to grab an external HD to do this, over 100GB of info to transfer (sigh)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Also post the make and model of your computer. Some things will be a little hard without the Windows CD.

kevoh1234

kevoh1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i built it, its amd x2 64-bit 3800+
windows xp pro. 2gigs o ram
random nvidia card etc etc

anything else?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
1. If you have Windows CD, follow the steps from here: http://icrontic.com/...pair_windows_xp

2. If you don't have Windows CD...
Download Windows Recovery Console: http://www.thecomput...om/files/rc.iso
Download, and install free Imgburn: http://www.imgburn.c...hp?act=download
Using Imgburn, burn rc.iso to a CD.
Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.
When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Then, follow the steps from here: http://icrontic.com/...pair_windows_xp, starting below this picture on page 1:
Posted Image

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
That would have been my next suggestion. Thank you very much Broni! :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
:)

kevoh1234

kevoh1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will try this out tonight and let you know. Thank you. - have to finish this paper first before i play around with the cpu.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
All right. We will be awaiting the results.

olbo

olbo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yo Kevin,
Did this solution worked for you?

Broni,
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

On this link it says to select "setup windows XP now" and NOT to choose the recovery console??

mwal

mwal

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have the exact same problem - tried to repair (via pressing "enter", then "r" on cd rather than going through to the command prompt method) and no longer have the errors appearing but just a black screen with moveable mouse pointer after the reboot.

Have posted a fresh post but would love to hear if you managed to solve this (and how!!).

olbo

olbo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

I have the exact same problem - tried to repair (via pressing "enter", then "r" on cd rather than going through to the command prompt method) and no longer have the errors appearing but just a black screen with moveable mouse pointer after the reboot.

Have posted a fresh post but would love to hear if you managed to solve this (and how!!).

mwal, can you please PM me if you find a solution?
tks a bunch