Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with my video card installation

• Please log in to reply

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok, I tried out what u told me, i took screenies of the process:
1. http://i487.photobuc...untitled1-1.jpg
2. http://i487.photobuc...3/untitled2.jpg
3. http://i487.photobuc...3/untitled3.jpg
4. http://i487.photobuc...3/untitled4.jpg

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok have you tried to install the drivers from the cd yet?
Let me know and I will try to find updated drivers if needed.
Also when you booted up did XP say it had found new hardware?

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes it said a new hardware has been found and then popes up the driver installation wizard and i try to get the drivers installed from the cd and at the end, after the setup finished it said: "Cannot install this hardware. The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find necessary software".

Edited by mariusik92, 01 May 2009 - 04:10 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ok which video card is?
Make and model. I will see if I can find some updated drivers for you. Is it a new card or a used one?

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well i bought it new like 1 year +, i was using it till 3 days ago when I reinstalled my windows.
I have a Foxconn GeForce 8500 GT video card.
Tyvm for your support.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
After some research I finally found the website for Foxconn Here

Fill in the drop down boxs and you should be able to get the newest drivers from there. There are several versions of that model so I would suggest you get the first one in the list as it will be the most generic for you.
Download it and and save it to your Desktop and if it isn't a self installing driver then you will have to go thru the update driver again and this time point it to the newly downloaded file you saved to your desktop. Let me know how this works for you :)

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well its a long 14mins till that zip file downloads, thank you for the link. I really hope it works.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome. Let me know as I'm watching this topic to make sure. I'm hoping this is the problem and you may have a damaged drivers disk.

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I unzip the file and i get a folder in which beside some more files i have a setup... I run that setup and get at the end the same error.. that i was getting from the beginning. It's getting on my nerves.. :)

Edited by mariusik92, 02 May 2009 - 01:49 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it's time to go :) on this. I need you to follow the next steps in order and let me know what the results of each step are.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

Lets see what you have in your startup services area

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Services
Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services
Then uncheck everything and restart.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem
Try going back into msconfig and check one item and reboot
Keep doing that till you have found the problem or all are finally checked.
Post back with the results

If your attachment is to big to attach then upload it to your screenshot site and supply the link.

We will continue after these steps are done

Advertisements

mariusik92

mariusik92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well i haven't tried what u told me because i gave the pc to the company it was bought from to fix it. I am really gratefull for your help and support, thank you very much. I am writing this response from my bro's pc. Once again thank you soo much because u bared with me altho I was bugging u with some noobish questions. Cya around then!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible