Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Homepage hijacker 103.nowfind.biz[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
i'm lost...your post 28 seemed to preceed my answer, but you appeared to be answering me...???where are we

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I wasn't answering you in post 28, I was posting more items for you to do when you were done with post 27. Post 30 was answering post 29... does that clear it up?? LOL

Basically, I need you to follow my instructions in post #28 and we'll be caught up. I won't post anymore until you post those logs so it doesn't get confusing again :tazz:

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
sorry :tazz: ...would you tell me how you want me to "unzip to the desktop" ...there's about 9 ways to do that...i'm not getting a .bat file using the Windows unzip wizard....keystroke by keystroke please...

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Please..i don't mind you proceeding to next step :tazz: ...that's great, but i have yet to be able to actually finish ANY of the instructions you've given me....none of them have generated the response in the first steps that preceed the next step....so, do you want me to go backward or forward with this....back and forth...back and forth.... ;)

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
No, you've finished the steps, they just didn't do what they were supposed to do :tazz:

Ok, click the link to download RkFiles.zip. Save it to your desktop. If you double-click the RkFiles.zip on your desktop does it not open a folder where it has rkfiles.bat and strings.exe?

joshuageeks6999

joshuageeks6999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
...hey...thank you so much for your patience!!!

No, it does not......perhaps i'm expecting something exact; they do appear to be the files you're talking about, but there are NO extensions, that is, there's a "rkfiles" and a "strings" file....no .exe no .bat

sorry, am i being anal...they are likely what you want...??...when the last one didn't 'just talke a sec' i figured we were not getting what you want...

YOU know what...i'm sorry, but i must go...in fact, i should probably stay gone for awhile...sorry...

i'll look for an answer to the above, run the rkfiles instructions and post tonight...but i'm going to try and stay away for a few hours!!! I will check back at about 6 pm...1:30 here now...

....just got a page from a couple of dear friends..."its a boy"...their 4th!!!...see you...

ps...hope nobody reads this thread...feeling rather lame :tazz: i'm gone

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Is "RkFiles" a folder? Double-click on it to see what it does...

Stay away however long you want... I know this gets frustrating, I do it on a daily basis. But, I love it ;)

I'll be here whenever you get back :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.