Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen freezes

• Please log in to reply

musntgrumble

musntgrumble

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

...and you have to do it now.
While cleaning fans, hold the blades with a pencil, so the blades won't get damaged.
Of course, all this activity with computer off.
When done, keep the case open, turn computer on, and see if all fans are running.

Finally, run SpeedFan again, and post the results.

This is something i will have to do after the w/end. Just remembered that i had a new PSU fitted about
4 months ago. Once fitted (by shop) there was an error msg reference the computer overheating. The guy instructed
me to go into the BIOS and to alter something to stop the error msg appearing. He mentioned that the new fan ran
faster than the original hence the error msg. (hope this makes sense).

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would then suggest as Broni advised and give the inside of your system a good cleaning. This will help with the ventilation and thus keep everything running cooler.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Suppressing the error won't stop overheating problem, which apparently exist.