Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger Problem

• Please log in to reply

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok, my problem was solved with unloading window blinds, I feel dumb that i didnt see that before because i also have to unload windowblinds to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and that sucks cuz windowblinds is cool.

now im wondering why before i reinstalled XP, I didnt have the problem at all even w/ having windowblinds loaded, hmm...

wow, i think i found the fix... at least for me... and pretty easy...
IF YOU USE WINDOWBLINDS

Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.

http://www.helpbytes...blems.php#crash

View Post

and using this method fixed the problem completely so im all good :tazz:

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 18 May 2005 - 10:23 PM.

Advertisements

david90531

david90531

• Pip
  • 1 posts

wow, i think i found the fix... at least for me... and pretty easy...
IF YOU USE WINDOWBLINDS

Ypager crashes or performs an illegal operation on startup or right click
This error occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface.
You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager.
Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.

http://www.helpbytes...blems.php#crash

View Post

:tazz: what about AlienGUIse then?
Is there any solution to solve this?
Such a great theme but such a huge bug as well...
Plz provide some solutions~