Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Start-up Problem

• Please log in to reply

lux

lux

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have been having a very weird problem with my computer lately, it takes quite a long time to get started but once it is started it works perfectly. I have to press the start button again and again and the computer reacts for a sec and goes off and it takes approximately 10-20 times of this procedure before it starts perfectly and works without any problem. Can someone help me with this? I would be thankful!

Computer desc: Windows XP professional SP 1, Pentium 4 2.60Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Mother board: MSI 865PE Neo2 800 MHz FSB

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Unless you have a particular reason for keeping SP1 you should defrag the drive, set a restore point then get SP2 either from Windows Update or by ordering the SP2 CD