Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron E1505 will not power up

• Please log in to reply

ScottyK

ScottyK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was handed a Dell Inspiron E1505 yesterday with the offer of if I can get it working, it's mine.

With the computer plugged in and the battery installed, I press the power button, the power indicator (next to the hard drive indicator and battery indicator) will flash green for about 1/2 a second, and that's it. No fans will spin up, no optical drives will do anything, nothing.

I took the battery out of the computer and ran straight A/C power, same symptom.

I let the battery charge overnight, and the battery indicator was green while the computer was charging.

One suggestion was to get a new battery, since Dell's won't even power up with a dead battery. However this does not make sense, because if the battery is removed, shouldn't the computer at least start?

I reseated the two RAM modules, and pulled out and pushed back in the hard drive.

Suggestions?

Advertisements