Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me to upgrade my computer

• Please log in to reply

aesir1103

aesir1103

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Servce Pack 2

Computer:

Intel® celeron™ CPU 1200MHz
1.21Ghz, 128Mb of RAM

Video Card

S3/trio 3d/2x PCI 8mb

Motherboard
MS-6309

These are the specification of my computer. Could you please tell me what do I need in order to play games for my Desktop like left 4 dead,War craft and other good games. Please tell me the detailed hardware components that I need that are compatible with my mother board. :) I want to upgrade my Desktop but I don't know what to buy. tnx for your help..

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Your machine is so old it's not worth upgrading. Not being funny but that motherboard was brand new in 2001 and to spend any money on the system is fruitless. You're better off replacing the entire computer if truth be told.

Edited by Neil Jones, 12 May 2009 - 01:57 PM.

nofun

nofun

• Pip
  • 8 posts
There's a favorite saying of mine: "Don't put good money after bad."

Even if you invested a few hundred dollars in this machine, it still would struggle to play modern games on low settings. The bottom line is that you really need whole new motherboard and processor, and so you're going to pretty much need a whole new system. If you spent $600 on a new machine you could easily run those games on medium settings without any trouble (actually you could probably run WoW on High settings).

Give us your budget, and we can price out a system for you.

Edited by nofun, 12 May 2009 - 05:47 PM.