Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C0000218 error blue screen

• Please log in to reply

baconandeggs

baconandeggs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
computer doesnt start in safe mode or any other option it says cannot load hive file [registry file error] i turn on the computer a black screen comes on saying it cannot find drive 2 parallel drive (PATA-0)

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Let's first try to restore your registry to see if it is the problem. If it is not your problem then it is incompatible hardware or a bad hard disk.

Do you remember what you did before the problem started happening? Go here: http://www.aitechsol...inxpnoboot.html
Or click on "Fix a Corrupted Registry" in my sig and follow the instructions.

baconandeggs

baconandeggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
um is there any other way like open the computer and plug something in ?? do you think some thing could be unplugged because i opened it and found a big jumble of orange and black wires with a white top and it wasnt plugged in but i dont know where it goes what caused this could it be a website?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Nothing would have gotten unplugged if nothing happened physically to it (like throwing it).
I also don't think anything was loose. Although I could be wrong. Open up your computer, and make sure you don't touch anything that is not insulated. For extra safety I suggest you make sure that you are grounded and that static won't ruin your computer's parts. Always put one hand on the metal of our computer's case and use the other hand to work inside of your computer. Check the connections to the power supply and the motherboard for the hard drives.

If this doesn't help, then you will need to begin troubleshooting as stated above. Don't worry. Take it one step at a time and you will be safe.

baconandeggs

baconandeggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
but what about the orange wires arent they important? it has a huge white top with holes so it can plug into something the computer i think has more than one error also it says it cannot find drive 2: (PATA-0) i opened the computer and plugged something into the harddrive and now it started saying that now it says both cannot find drive 2 and bad image checksum im not very computer savvy so i want to do this the most simple way possible im praying it a wire (which i doubt) and could this could have happened because of a website with viruses?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Viruses could have corrupted the registry, and now you may have to restore it. It could also be a hard drive issue though.

If the orange wire never was connected to anything it doesn't need to be.

Right now I think we should run a hard drive diagnostic to see if the drive is the issue here. If it is, then your choices are to get a new hd.
Go here: http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg
Download the "EN" version under "ISO CD-ROM IMAGE" category.
Then burn the image file to a CD using BurnCdCC. You can download that here: http://www.terabyteu...ee-software.htm
Once done burning, boot up your computer with the CD in the drive.
Here is a tutorial: http://seagate.custk...sp?DocId=201271
Follow the steps, and run the long diagnostic. Tell me if it passes or fails.