Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Copy and Paste with mouse as I always did...

• Please log in to reply

JCatGuy

JCatGuy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, (My system is listed below)
If I'm on the internet and I see a paragraph I want to Copy, and then paste it to my Notepad, for example. When I left click to highlight the paragraph, and then right click, I don't get a menu anymore saying to COPY, CUT, PASTE...etc, instead when I right click I see a blue arrow in a little square box. When I cick on that box, 3 choices appear. Search with Google. Send with Google and Add Accelerators.

Can anybody help me on this. I used to have IE 7.0, along w/the full Google Toolbar. Then I upgraded to IE 8.0, and downloaded Google Chrome. My computer technician and I noticed the problem and deleted IE 8.0 and downgraded back to 7.0 and even 6.0 and it still didn't work...we even deleted Google Chrome. I wanted to reinstall the old Google Toolbar, but he said you're better off without toolbars. Then he reinstalled IE 8.0.

Now, the only way I can copy of the net, onto a page in Word or Notepad, is the old fashioned slow way, CTRL + C, the click again then hit CTRL + V (to paste). But that takes forever.

Anybody have any clues? I'd really appreciate any help or ideas. I read many posts, and usually when Copy and Paste fails, it also fails even using the old fashioned method...by using the keyboard CTRL and C, then CTRL and V, but that works w/me. But I want my clicker to do it, to save me so many extra steps.

Help!

Thank you, Jay

I"m running Window's XP, SP3, Intel Duo Core Proc. 2.66X 2.66, 3 gig Ram, 320 HD, RoadRunner, IE 8.0.

PS...I read this might have to do w/preventing people from copying and pasting their credit ID info which goes into a clip (when you use the mouse?), and prying eyes, steal that info, but, that just doesn't seem correct because everybody else is still able to right click/left click on mouse, to copy and paste from the internet to offline matter. ANd I can copy and paste w/mouse on non internet places, like from one spot on my Microsoft word, to another place. It's trying to copy and paste to sites online such as email address, sentences, into blogs or address boxes, etc.

Advertisements