Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell xp sp2 reinstall disk on a sony vaio laptop?

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Ok.... I have a Dell xp reinstallation disk (sp 2 professional) that came with my new Dell computer I purchased. I also have a sony vaio laptop that I want to reformat. Does anyone think that this cd will allow me to reformat my sony vaio. I know i wont have the drivers and such. I will be able to get the appropriate drivers from online.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
These disks are typically BIOS-locked and don't work on anything other than Dell computers.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if the laptop has a restore partition you can use that to format and reinstll windows...
if you don't the contact sony support..they will sell you a install disk for your computer and it will have all the drivers you need...about 25 bucks