Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2Wire wireless card poor connection

• Please log in to reply

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Our old 2Wire card worked better than the computer that is hard wired, that card died and has now it's been replaced but the connection is horrible. It's good for up to 500 feet and it's 74 feet from the modem it connects to. I've tried the Windows Zero configuration as well as the 2Wire set up and both are awful. Constant loss of connection or a connect rate of 11Mbps. The antenna is clear of all debris and has no metal near it (if that makes a difference) Anyone else having issues like this that can be resolved or do I need to go back to the phone company who supplies the card?

FYI: I've tried the Linksys and they are pure garbage in my opinion, it was worse than the 2Wire.

Advertisements

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Didn't know about any of that, I'll check the settings and see if it helps, thanks :)