Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UserFaultCheck and dumprep 0 -u [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
One question when you reset your audio service, in the drop down box by startup type is Auto selected ?

Advertisements

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yeah, it is, but I think it fails or something every time it tries to start up. I did find a work around so I don't have to activate it manually though, I set it so as, upon failure, it retries to start up one minute later (which works).

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I am wondering whether it is an audio driver problem - could you look in device manager and see if there is an exclamation mark alongside your audio. ANd this is your only problem now ?

Meanwhile a final malware check

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have not had a BSOD yet, but I actually also have not tried playing any Steam games yet since the driver changes. There are no '!'s next to any of the audio things in Device Manager. And my screen still crashes to the 'classic' explorer, even without Windows Blinds. Here's the scan results. Attached File  ComboFix.txt   42.79KB   378 downloads

EDIT. I just did a bit of testing. I am no longer getting blue screens of death while playing games, but I still am crashing. I got an error message which I exited before I kept in mind to write down what it said, so when I reproduce it, I'll tell you what kind of error it is.

Edited by Hetion, 31 May 2009 - 12:56 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
A question do you use the Eright software as I have another person who is experiencing problems with that programme ?

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hmmm, well, I do have SUPER on my computer, but I installed that after the problems started. I'll try uninstalling it now I guess.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you let me know of any changes - good or bad when you uninstall the programme

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Nothings changed really, still the same problems. Crashes to Windows Classic, I got another random BSOD recently, so, although less frequent, that's still around, and games still crash whilst being played.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Next time you get the BSOD can you write down what it says as that will point me in the general direction of the problem

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Alright, I just had one again. It said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK that points to a driver, have you updated any drivers recently ?

I would also suggest going into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event
Viewer and taking a look at both the Application and System listings in the
left panel. Tapping on those will reveal "events" in the right pane where
you can look for error messages denoted by either a yellow triangle with an
exclamation point (advisory) or a red circle with a white X (warning, real
issue). Those can be right-clicked with a selection of Properties to see a
portion of the problem. It may lead you to a specific driver or hardware
which is causing the issue.

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Besides the video and audio drivers I tried updating to fix this problem, I'm unaware of having updated any drivers recently.

I checked my Event Viewer. I apparently have a whole bunch of errors in both, but most of them are just the same 2-3 repeated.
Under Applications, I have the following errors:

Faulting application , version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x6603326e.

Faulting application wlcomm.exe, version 14.0.8064.206, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001b1fa.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x6603326e.

All of these have an event ID of 1000.

Then under system, I have the following:

The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart the service) after the unexpected termination of the Windows Management Instrumentation service, but this action failed with the following error:
An instance of the service is already running. (Event ID 7032)

The IPv6 Helper Service service hung on starting. (Event ID 7022)

The Automatic Updates service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found. (Event ID 7023)

The latter two seem much more common on the list, the first only showed up once that I could see.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
A few different problems there so lets see which are the most prevalent

First can you get to windows updates ?

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hmmm updating Windows may have actually worked, not sure yet, but the first boot back in after doing so, so far Windows hasn't crashed. I'm really busy today though, so I wont be able to test games and such until tomorrow. I actually hadn't updated in a long while, I had 31 'critical updates'. The auto update thing doesn't show up for me, so I had to go to Internet Explorer, and go to the site for the updates manually. When I get a chance to test, I'll tell you if games are working fine. (Or if it crashes on another boot to windows)

Edited by Hetion, 05 June 2009 - 04:12 PM.

Hetion

Hetion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, it didn't actually work, having come back tonight, and booted up my computer, Explorer did crash again.