Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random crashes

• Please log in to reply

Michelob

Michelob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there, i have recently been having random crashes. about a month ago i used a memory test and found a bad memory module so i removed it and my pc has been running fine up until a couple days ago. now i am having the crashes again so i ran the memory test again and it tells me i have another bad memory board. i am beginning to think it might be more than a memory issue. i am beginning to suspect it could be my motherboard. i am running a dell xps 600 with a 2.8 ghz intel cpu. i now have only 1.5 gigs due to taking out a bad memory modul. i am going to list the errors i have gotten from the event log

Catalog Database (1060) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1018.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module flash.ocx, version 6.0.79.0, fault address 0x00013087.

Fault bucket 128747287.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module jscript.dll, version 5.6.0.8820, fault address 0x000040f1.

Fault bucket 138265718.

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module esent.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000286b2.

so those are the errors that i have received recently. i tried to reinstall windows recently and i get errors when trying to update via windows update page.

any help will be apreciated

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

i now have only 1.5 gigs due to taking out a bad memory modul

First of all, more than enough for XP.
Secondly, did the errors stop?

Michelob

Michelob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
when i removed the 1 bad memory module they stopped for close to a month, but now i am getting them again and when i ran memory test again it is showing another bad memory module that didnt show last time. i have considered buying new memory but i am afraid there is something else wrong that could be causing the memory modules to go bad.

Edited by Michelob, 18 May 2009 - 08:26 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Possible, but considering RAM prices vs. more investigation, I'd give new RAM one more shot.