Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen of DEATH!

• Please log in to reply

lovinmykids4eva

lovinmykids4eva

• Pip
  • 3 posts
when I start my computer regularly, it goes to a blue screen with BAD_POOL_CALLER at the top. It will not start in normal mode, only in safe mode. I've tried running scans and doing all kinds of stuff to it but my abilities are limited in safe mode. There was a new version of ITunes trying to update a couple days before the crash but I cannot uninstall ITunes when I'm in safe mode... and help is greatly appreciated!!! I'm not completely computer brilliant, but I can do some stuff if walked through it... pls help....

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
What scans did you run?
What were the numbers/letters for the BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?
Zip up the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and upload it here with your next post. We'll take a look at them and see what we can figure out.

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Sounds like you have a conflict because the update for Itunes only partially installed, try The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, it might help you. Available Here

lovinmykids4eva

lovinmykids4eva

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sounds like you have a conflict because the update for Itunes only partially installed, try The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, it might help you. Available Here

ok, so i tried this and this message is what I got after I downloaded it, "The Windows Installer service is not accessible in Safe Mode, Please try again when your computer is not in Safe Mode or you can use System Restore to return your machine to a previous good state."

ok, I've done a system restore but no luck, still get the blue screen...

I've went in to uninstall ITunes and it tells me this message: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

lovinmykids4eva

lovinmykids4eva

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What scans did you run?
What were the numbers/letters for the BAD_POOL_CALLER error message?
Zip up the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and upload it here with your next post. We'll take a look at them and see what we can figure out.

I don't know how to zip up the contents of that folder and upload it here. I can find the folder, but i dunno how to zip it up and upload it here. This is the message that comes on the blue screen when I start the computer normally...

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
BAD_POOL_CALLER

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need to start the computer in Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup Options, then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x0000110B, 0x0000006c, 0x909c21D8)

*** i8042p2k.sys- Address 909c21D8 base at 9097c000, DateStamp 485294a

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing crash dump...

this is when I have to turn the computer off and start it in safe mode. as I said before, my abilities are limited in Safe Mode, and I'm not completely computer brilliant, so step by step works best for me... thanks for all your help!!
I've ran AVG antivirus, I've ran many registry scans... I've even tried a system restore but to no avail...

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Select all the dump files (left click on the first one, then hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last one).
Right click on the highlighted area and select "Send to", then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
The program will automatically create a zipped folder in that directory.
Upload that folder with your next post (it must be smaller than 100 k)

Alternatively, open up a free account with http://www.box.net and upload it there. Then share it with us and put the link in your next post.

BUT....
Unfortunately a Google search gives very few results for this file (i8042p2k.sys). This, combined with it's similarity to a legitimate filename cause me to suspect malware. So, I'd first suggest that you visit the Malware forums (located here: http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html ) in order to be sure that this isn't a malware infection that's gotten by the AVG.

If it turns out that it's legit, then we'll start with the dump files again.

aggie4life

aggie4life

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys, i need some help regarding some of these BSOD's.

Every time my computer crashes i get a different error, it is starting to get really annoying.

Here are a few of the errors that i am experiencing.

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_ area referencing ntfs.sys

Today i got two different errors,
Memory_management
and Bad_pool_caller

i am attaching my 2 latest minidumps.
Please look at them and advise me on what i need to do.

Attached Files

csmith10

csmith10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
BAD_POOL_CALLER error message with BSOD
I uploaded minidump file

Attached Files