Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV Out displays B&W only

• Please log in to reply

trosco

trosco

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I got an infrared TV out system (sender/reciver), i've been using it for 2 years now. It's had lots of problems, but i managed to fix it (bad quality, B&W display etc - but i managed to get through). It only displays in black and white now, can't seem to make it work.

To make a short description, the sender has 3 cables (white, red, yellow). So i guess only the yellow one matters, since it's a viudeo problem. This cable goes into some box (don't know how to call it), which goes via another cable into the S-video on the graphics board. See, that box has RGB jacks, not for the yellow cable. It used to work untill now in the Blue jack (displaying color), but now it only displays anything in the Red one, but B&W. In the TV i think the 3 cables from the reciver (yellow, red, white) merge into a single connector which goes right into the back.

Tried updating the display driver, tried reconnecting the cables, changing the signal output etc, but the problem is surely in the sender or reciver itselves (when starting the computer, it's still B&W, and there there's no driver or setting to interfere with).

So please help me, my graphics board is an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS, the Tv Out is an AVerSender 300.

Edited by trosco, 19 May 2009 - 02:20 AM.

Advertisements