Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trying todownload directx 9.0c compatible graphic adapter

• Please log in to reply

pracyce

pracyce

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi

I'm having difficulties running the Sims 2 double deluxe,it saying that i need a direct x 9.0c compatible graphic adapter. I try downloading it but its not working. You see, whenever i bought the game it was working on my laptop. What had happen was it stop working when i brought it to my uncle to get a virus off my computer. He deleted everything trying to get the virus off and he decided to put me Window XP because he think it work better then window vista. Now I'm stuck, i got games i cant play and I'm trying to get it fix before June 2 because i want he Sims 3. Can u please help because I'm really desperate :)

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello pracyce and welcome to G2G!

Make sure you have the latest hardware drivers installed, these are available from the manufacturers website.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"He deleted everything trying to get the virus off and he decided to put me Window XP because he think it work better then window vista. Now I'm stuck"

How did he manage to down grade you to XP?
Did you or your uncle buy another OS to do that?