Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP task bar freezing, and IE broswer freezing.

• Please log in to reply

xtoxicurex

xtoxicurex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, as of Tuesday morning, I've been having a very annoying problem with my computer.
I don't know if I can explain this using all the correct terms and wording, but I'll most certinally try..

Anyway, the problem all started when this weird program suddenly appeared on my desktop. It was something like WIN-Scan. It had a picture of a sheild and had the 4 windows colors. Once it added itself to my computer, AVG poped up and gave me a warning "Trogan detected" So i figured it was this weird Win-scan "virus scanner" thing. So I got rid of it on my computer. Since I did that, I've been having problems with my Windows not loading properly. For the most part, I get into the log in screen, type my password and it brings me to my desk top, but then my task bar freezes and nothing will load after that, so I keep reseting it. Sometimes, it will load properly and work for a bit, but I always get this "google updater" error message, and keeps asking me if I want to log a ticket. Also, My internet explorer freezes instantly upon opening. Firefox is like that too.

Also, when I did reboot my computer, I got a pop up window that said that I need to regester windows because so much has changed on it since i last regestered it. So i need to either regester it online or my telephone. For as long as i had my computer[for about 4 years now] i've never expeienced a pop up like that. Is it normal, or some weird super virus thats messing with my computer?

Anyway this is about all the problems I'm having with it right now. I would most certinally appericiate any help you can give me to help fix these probelms.

Advertisements

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Hi there,

I suspect your PC has been infected with malware go to the Malware Forum Here and read the the first Pinned Topic "Malware and Spring cleaning Guide, follow the instruction in that thread...

Kev.

Edited by kevinf80, 21 May 2009 - 02:06 AM.