Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acer labtop

• Please log in to reply

paradien

paradien

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
hi , i have a acer labtop with vista on it and i have had issues with it.

http://www.geekstogo...p....html&st=30

most of its explained in there, so now i just need to basically set it back to default,but vista is a enigma to me.Anyone have any thoughts?

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Acers have a section in the Start menu labelled eRecovery. You should be able to reset your system using that. Backup your stuff first, as there's a good chance it'll wipe everything out!

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hi

I have a a Acer laptop running Vista Home Premium.I can boot and log in , but I get a black screen with my cursor. I can get to the desktop if I Enter the task manager and end/begin the explorer.exe tree. I need to know how to fix that, as well as other issues, such as running various programs,especially ones marked with windows firewall shield, and freeze ups in the control panel. According to the malware tech help i am free of any detectable maleware.

http://www.geekstogo...p....html&st=30

All i can really do is turn it on and get to safe, and the internet. Other than that this pc is utterly useless.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
When the machine is booting up hold down the ALT key and repeatedly press the F10 key

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
If you can get into Safe Mode with networking, update your video drivers to the latest version available from the manufacturer of the video chipest (ATI, nVidia, Intel, etc).

But it seems that you've got more problems than that. Did you reinstall Windows? Have you checked Device Manager to see if there's any issues with the devices there?

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

When the machine is booting up hold down the ALT key and repeatedly press the F10 key

Thanks , got it now