Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lsass.exe

• Please log in to reply

VTut2734

VTut2734

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I know this is a virus and you need a Hijackthis log but I can't even log into my laptop to obtain one. I have windows xp on my Fujitsu tablet pc. I used it two days ago and it worked like a charm. It hasn't been plugged into any network these past few days while sitting turned off. I turned it on today to test a cisco linksys wireless router and a error message popped up. lsass.exe (lower case l) so I know its a virus. It pops up right after the produre where the windows logo loads before you login. If you click ok it reboots and does it all over again. I am not sure how to fix the problem if i can't get into safe mode or normal boot. Thnak you for your time.

Advertisements

VTut2734

VTut2734

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
(lower case i) should be Isass.exe im sure.

VTut2734

VTut2734

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I got an error message when I boot in both safe mode and normal log in. It comes up with lsass.exe- System Error "An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function. When I click on this it reboots to the same thing everytime. I know this is a file missing not the sasser virus because of research I have done. The lower case I is the virus and the lower case L is the missing file. Any help as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Seth