Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Control P causes crash in Works 7.0

• Please log in to reply

Ed1412

Ed1412

• Pip
  • 3 posts
All of a sudden I am unable to print single pages of spreadsheets in Works 7.0. If I use "control P" the program becomes unresponsive and I have to close it. Clicking the "print" icon causes the entire spreadsheet to print with no problem. The problem is only if I try to print one page at a time. Is there a fix for this? Or is my computer just getting too old? Thanks.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I have Works 8.5, and everything is working fine for me.

How about File > Print? It is the same as Ctrl+P (should be)...

You should get a dialogue box with a section called Print Range,
with Pages from __ to __.. Just use that and chose your pages.

Edited by piano9playa5, 25 May 2009 - 05:53 PM.

Ed1412

Ed1412

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for trying Piano9, but no, the program becomes unresponsive either way: controlP or file..print.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
doe this happen if you create a new document or does it happen with all documents?

Have you tried to update your printer driver?

Ed1412

Ed1412

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, that's interesting.
I have an HP T45 printer. I went to HP where it ran a check and said I am using the latest driver and a check of the settings shows no problems.

I almost never start a new spreadsheet from scratch. I normally just update a monthly two-page assignment calendar and that's about all I use Works for. I've been updating that same spreadsheet for several years now so I guess something got corrupted in the file.

I created a new two-page spreadsheet and was able to print one page at a time. So I guess my solution is to start over and re-create the spreadsheet, which is kind of a nuisance. I'll do that unless you know of a fix.

Thanks for your help.