Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACT! Software Synch

• Please log in to reply

CKnight

CKnight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! I'm not sure if anyone can help with ACT! software but here is my question.
We are trying to sync for the first time. We have set everything up including turning off our firewalls. I am the publisher and when I click Tools-Sync-Accept Incoming Sync-and then ok to the port (which I left the same as instructed as 65100) I click ok and received the following message:
"Could not start sunc server. ACT! has encountered an error, please check that the sync server port is able to listen for incoming connections."
Even with that message I was able to send my information to the remote computer (all but 2 contacts) I did not receive anything from the remote computer.
My questions:
1) When we sync, information should be sent from each computer to the other, correct? (Info goes both ways, right?)
2) Any idea how to allow my computer to receive information?
3) Why weren't all of my contacts transferred?
Thanks so much for your help.
c

Advertisements