Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does an application like this exist?

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
On my website we release a lot of .exe's for our members to download. Is there an app or software that will allow me to manage these downloads? Example, I don't want people downloading these files from another website, only be able to download it from my site and only my site. If they click on a link from another site it wont allow them to download it. Kind of like, embedding my own digital signature into it. Also create expired download links. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what is out there?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Something similar to what Google does I imagine. You would have an installer available for download, but the installer would be the only thing that could get the application installed from your server. Basically, they could download the installer from any website, but the application would always be installed from your servers.

All you would need to do is make sure the installer is set up to grab the most recent version of your software from your server. You could have the installer ask for the member name and password, then validate it, if need be. That might do what you want it to.

Regards,

Ax

brettxw

brettxw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Google? Awesome. I looked on there but I can't find where to try this out. Can you send me the link please?

Thanks.