Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell XPS 720 Freezing during reformatting & installation (XP + oth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Beour1

Beour1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I have an XPS 720 that recently started freezing during installation of any program. I figured it may be the HD so I bought a new one, except now the computer freezes during the reformatting phase. Once I get passed that after several attempts, it freezes during XP installation. If I get by that, it freezes during the installation of any other programs.

Unfortunately, I cant see all the specs on my computer atm since I am going through the reformatting again...I know I have a NVIDIA Vid card. I have not overclocked the system and the computer appears to receive power with no problem,

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Advertisements

Beour1

Beour1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tiger in the LIVE CHAT channel #geekstogo suggested reseating/inspecting the RAM, which fixed my problem.