Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost 2003

• Please log in to reply

Joet

Joet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My ghost backup is for a 8gig hard drive, partition C. I am getting a new hard drive and want to want to increase the partition size for C to about 10 gig. Can I use my ghost backup (image file) and will I be able to use the extra 2 gig or will I get locked out of it? Anything special that I have to do?
Thanks
Joe

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, you shouldn't have any issues. just remember that you can manually edit the info for drive size after you select destination drive. If it doesn't work then your left to partition magic as your only other option.

Joet

Joet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Starjax

How do you manually edit the info for drive size after I select destination drive? Would not the drive already be formatted and partitioned before I go and use ghost?

Joe