Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restart problem

• Please log in to reply

detoxifide

detoxifide

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, first of all I was browsing your forums in hope to find help with the "Aurora" pop-up problem I have. So I went to your malware section and read the "read this before posting" thread. I was going along and had ad aware configured as asked in the thread and went to start scanning and I get the following message:

Windows must now restart becuase the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly.

And after one minute it did, so my ad aware wont run and I still have this blasted pop-up if I run any type of browser. I went back and tried running ad aware again, no dice.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would love to start working on getting rid of this thing.

:tazz:

edit: I only get this DCOM restart message when trying to run ad aware, just wanted to be clear. No idea what it could be from, I have no idea what DCOM even is.

Edited by detoxifide, 10 May 2005 - 06:03 PM.

Advertisements

Version

Version

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello detoxifide, and welcome to Geeks To Go! :tazz:

When you eyou get the shutdown message, go to Start -> Run and type "shutdown -a".

See if that ends the Shutdown sequence.

Thanks,
-Version

Edited by Version, 10 May 2005 - 06:00 PM.

detoxifide

detoxifide

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ah this worked!

Thank you very much, ad aware is scanning now :tazz:

Version

Version

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
You are welcome, sir! :tazz:

By the way, this could have been caused by a "smarter malware" program.
So when you get your computer cleaned, it will probably stop giving you that message.

Edited by Version, 10 May 2005 - 06:08 PM.