Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Reinstall

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MBerry

MBerry

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys,

My name is Matt and I follow you forum like a bible. I had the same problem as many with Windows Xp getting to the welcome screen then when you go to log on it would only flash the desktop just to log you right back out. I tried repairing it multiple times with my XP disc and never had any luck. Noticed it getting worse and worse trying to fix it. So like a goober I said "huh...I'll just re-install windows" uggg! I now have a fresh copy of XP and it is working fine now but at this point I can't get my internet to work (road runner cable) sound won't work and not sure yet if my video card is working as I haven't tried yet(ATI Radeon)

I loaded the disc for my cable modem and installed it but it comes up after trying to connect saying limited or no connectivity. Also triwed reloading the disc for my monitor as the speakers are attached to it and it just says that the disc I inserted has no information for what I am trying to load.

I am definatly not a computer guru and would greatly appreciate any help. I'm sure I need drivers for these various problems just not sure where to go to get them. I assume I can go to a website here at work and burn them to a disc then load them to my home PC but not sure how that works.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

MBerry

MBerry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just a little more ionfo. on the sound. Like a post i read a bit ago. When I go to the control panel to sound devices everything is grayed out and it says that no sound device is installed. You can't change anything My biggest concern I would like to start on would be the internet working so i can run all the windows updates I need. and get my antivirus downloaded. I want this thing to be protected more than anything at this point

MBerry

MBerry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok folks, Fixed it myself. Read some other posts about similar problems and found a solution. My PC is up and running again and as good as ever. Thanks!