Whenever I am running a game, it start out running smooth and then suddenly goes jumpy and a random point.
This is occurring in games that I used to play on maximum settings with no problem (Bioshock) and in new games that I play on the minimum settings (Call of Duty: World at War). Even when I changed the settings (Bioshock) from the highest to the absolute lowest, this problem still occurs.
*A few notes- I recently had to restore my computer due to a start up problem. After I restored it, I updated it with the most recent video card drivers. When that didn't work, I downloaded the previous video card drivers and that had no effect either. It was exactly the same.
Here are my specs:
Toshiba P105-s9722 (I didn't write this description, so sorry if it sounds corny)
* Powerful multimedia, gaming PC with 17-inch LCD; 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 processor (4 MB L2 cache)
* Gigantic 200 GB hard drive, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB max), dual-layer, multi-format DVD/CD burner
* Four USB 2.0, one FireWire, one S-Video, one DVI-D, one PCMCIA, one Expresscard 54/34, multi-format memory card reader
* Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 graphics card with 256 MB of dedicated RAM; tri-mode 802.11a/b/g wireless connectivity; Bluetooth
* Windows XP Professional Edition, SP2--Windows Vista capable and Windows Vista Premium ready
I appreciate any help and will gladly fall to my knees and worship anyone who can give me a fix to this solution.