Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
The few times that it has "sort of" booted up I get the following "LOOP" message

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL9139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v 2.13 (020326)
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

it keeps repeating over and over ....

Can anyone tell me what is going on here please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

dog

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The problem seems to be that your laptop is trying to boot to a LAN connection.
You will need to enter BIOS and disable the Boot To Lan option. This should stop the error.
When did this start and what was done prior to the issue starting?

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I left my laptop on last night to download and when I got up this morning, I had the blue screen of death and had to do a hard shut down to reboot and then I started getting this error. It won't boot in any mode.

Just a question, but why all of a sudden would it want to boot to a LAN connection? That's not normal is it?

Nothing was done to it prior to the issue starting that I haven't been doing for the 8 months since I got this machine from my co-worker

Edited by moondog830, 29 May 2009 - 12:44 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What were you downloading?
It could possibly be a low battery for the BIOS
It could be a infection due to a trojan or malware.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I was downloading game demos from CNET download.com and because I'm forced to use satellite internet, I have to watch how much I download during the day, but have unlimited downloading between 2am and 7am. So I set up to download things or stay up until 2am and then start my downloads

When I woke up the morning this started .... the blue screen was there and when I attempted to shut it down, I had to do a hard shut down and then it wouldn't boot up from then on.

(sorry for the delay in responding, I did respond, but apparently it didn't finish uploading my response).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It could be just a burp in the system. If you follow my suggestion about going into the bios and disabling the Boot to Lan your problem should go away.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
rshaffer61,
thanks, I did disable the boot to lan and it still does not boot. I thank you for staying with me to help.

dog

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you get to the boot menu and chose one of the following:

Can you get it to boot to safe mode?
How about going to Last Know Good Configuration

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Having seen this happen many times before with Toshibas (family loves Toshibas, typing on one right now). This is what it does when it can't boot from the HD anymore (whether it be due to no OS found or the HD itself is no longer found). Usually the boot order for Toshiba's are CD-->HD-->USB-->LAN. When it doesn't see anything to boot from the HD anymore it doesn't error out (which is annoying, most systems say HD not found or something but not toshibas), it just goes on to seeing if anything is there in the USB, then lastly the LAN boot error stuff comes up.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 31 May 2009 - 08:33 PM.

confuseduser100

confuseduser100

• Pip
  • 9 posts
got same prob did you get it resolved???

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Working w/Essex, but this helped, although the ???? I got yesterday came up XP, I' still in ???? land w/win7. TY 4 tip.