Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whoops - somehow deleted my Freedom Miniport driver

• Please log in to reply

Irondawg

Irondawg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So I'm cleaning out some old software trying to get my ancient desktop to run a little faster and I delete a Freedom Security program that windows says I rarely use.

But it looks like that also included the drivers for something called a Freedom Miniport that apparently controls my ability to access the internet. Thought I could just go CNET or something or download the missing driver, but all the sites (CNET, ZDNET, etc) end up linking a site called Radialpoint User Community (www.radialpoint.net/home) on which I cannot find the driver.

Anybody have any idea how I can find this driver to fix my PC? Apprently this is the driver I need:

FREEDOM Miniport 3.0.2195.2

Thanks.

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
welcome to G2G

I found this I think it is what you are looking for...
Here

good luck

Cbarnard

Irondawg

Irondawg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well, the issue with that site is if you click the "download" button all it does it give you the "Driver Detective" software and I don't want to get into one of those companies.

If you go to the URL listed below it links to that darn Radialpoint site.

So the search continues. There may be some other drivers or software that will work with my ethernet card/network setup if so I'll be happy to try it. I'm just really don't know much of what I'm doing.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello...

I have been looking for the driver... The biggest obstical is that the company that created Freedom security went "under" if you want to call it that... Radialpoint is now the same company, but they changed the type of business they do... so they don't support their freedom security software anymore... Also they have shut down their website... I will keep trying to find this for you, but I'm not sure if we will find this out...

In the mean time maybe (Im not sure) we can get around it, what are the specs(brand and model number) of your computer?

Maybe we can find another driver... (this is out there for me) but I know alot of great techs and we can find something out one way or another.

Good luck

Cbarnard