Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer spooler not running

• Please log in to reply

Missmetz

Missmetz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

My HP 6210 printer was working fine networked from 2 wireless laptops in the house. All of the sudden, I'm getting 'print spooler not started' errors and cannot print from the 2 laptops. I am able to print from the PC it is attached too. The print spooler and RPC are started in Services, and they are both set to automatic. I uninstalled/reinstalled the printer software, still same problem. I deleted the printer and added a new one with a new share name, still same problem. Additionally, I think this problem is also connected with this other problem I noticed; I can see my home network (mshome) from the 2 laptops, but can't access their public folders. It seems that the connection stops at the router and won't go further. Can anyone help me fix this myself?

Thanks in advance, Christina

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Does this help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757

You might want to try pulling the power from your modem and router, and then waiting around 30 seconds. Then plug them back in.

Some of the tips to solve your problem in the Microsoft article involve editing the registry. Every time you do this, remember to create a registry backup. To find out how, click on "Backing Up The Registry Using ERUNT" in my sig.

Edited by edge2022, 30 May 2009 - 10:41 PM.